Solar Mounting Solutions
- Aluminum mill (A)
- Bronze anodized (B)
QBase® Composition Mount
Item Code: QMNC
The QBase® Composition Mount is the strongest and most cost-effective method for installing solar panels during the construction of new composition/asphalt shingle roof for either a new home or a roof replacement. The base-and-post mount is specifically designed to fit into the workflow between the trades to make solar panel installation smooth and efficient.
The QBase® Composition Mount also works with a variety of metal shingle roof types, such as interlocking metal shingles and stone coated steel roofs. The base-and-post mount works with all standard rail-based racking systems and are fully engineered to meet code requirements and industry best practices.
- Flashing holds firm against wind-driven rain
- All exposed hardware is 18-8 stainless steel
- Meets or exceeds roofing industry best practices
- Allows up to 4 structural attachments when required
- QBase® is the strongest off-the shelf mechanical mount
- 3031 lbs average ultimate pullout (Douglas fir); 1972 lbs. average ultimate shear
- 3-step process aids collaboration between roofers and PV installers
- Cone flashing is made of aluminum with no welds or seams to rust or rot
- Available through leading distributors
- 20-year warranty; 50-year expected life
- Great mount for solar hot water
- Works with all leading racks
- All hardware included
- 100% IBC compliant
- Patents pending
- Made in USA
Tools & Accessories
WARNING: Quick Mount PV products are NOT designed for and should NOT be used to anchor fall protection equipment.
Full Install: QBase Composition Mount
Quick Install: QBase Composition Mount
Each mount kit (12 per box) includes:
- Cast aluminum QBase
- Aluminum post, 1-1/4'' x 3-1/4''
- 12'' x 12'' spun aluminum cone flashing
- Two zinc-coated steel lag bolts, 5/16'' x 3''
- EPDM post collar/counter flash
- EPDM-bonded stainless steel washer, 5/16'' x 1-1/4''
- Stainless steel machine bolt, 5/16'' x 1"
- Stainless steel fender washer, 5/16'' x 1''
- Stainless steel split lock washer, 5/16''
- Grade-8 machine bolt, 5/16'' x 3/4''
|Flashing size||12" x 12"|
|Pullout/shear||3031 lbs. average ultimate pullout (Douglas fir); 1972 lbs. average ultimate shear|
|Tools needed for installation||
|Applicable roof types||Standard and high-definition composition/asphalt shingle roofs with 5" to 5/12" courses; a variety of metal shingle roof types|