Solar Mounting Solutions
- Aluminum mill (A)
- Bronze anodized (B)
QBase® Metal, Shake & Slate Mount
Item Code: QMNS
The QBase® Metal, Shake & Slate Mount is a multi-purpose base-and-post style solar mounting system offering superior strength and waterproofing for metal shingle, shake, and slate shingle roofs. The oversized 18x18-inch flashing accommodates the large exposure of various types of roofing.
For Metal Roofs
The QBase® Metal, Shake & Slate Mount is a strong and cost-effective solution for installing solar on a variety of metal shingle roof types. The base-and-post mounts work with all standard rail-based racking systems and are fully engineered to meet code requirements and industry best practices
For Shake Roofs
The QBase® Metal, Shake & Slate Mount is designed to smoothly fit into the workflow between the trades while installing a solar array during the construction of a new shake roof. For retrofitting solar onto an existing shake roof, use our Classic Shake Mount.
For Slate Roofs
The QBase® Metal, Shake & Slate Mount is the ideal solution for both new and existing slate roofs. First flashed mount designed specifically for slate roofs and will not compromise the integrity of the slate.
- Flashing holds firm against wind-driven rain
- All exposed hardware is 18-8 stainless steel
- Meets or exceeds roofing industry best practices
- QBase® is the strongest off-the-shelf mechanical mount
- 3031 lbs. average ultimate pullout (Douglas fir); 1972 lbs. average ultimate shear
- Cone flashing is made of aluminum with no welds or seams to rust or rot
- Available through leading distributors
- 100% IBC compliant
- All fasteners and hardware included
- 20-year warranty; 50-year expected life
- Works with all leading racks
- Patents pending
- Made in USA
WARNING: Quick Mount PV products are NOT designed for and should NOT be used to anchor fall protection equipment.
Each mount kit (12 per box) includes:
- Cast aluminum QBase
- Aluminum post, 1.25" x 3.25"
- EPDM post collar/counter flash
- EPDM-bonded stainless steel washer, 5/16" x 1.25"
- 18" x 18" spun aluminum cone flashing
- Two zinc-coated steel lag bolts, 5/16" x 3"
- Stainless steel machine bolt, 5/16" x 1"
- Stainless steel fender washer, 5/16" x 1"
- Stainless steel split lock washer, 5/16"
- Grade-8 machine bolt, 5/16" x ¾"
|Flashing Size||18" x 18"|
|Pullout/shear||3031 lbs. average ultimate pullout (Douglas fir); 803 lbs. average ultimate shear|
|Tools needed for installation|| For shake shingle roofs:
||For slate shingle roofs:
|Applicable roof types||Wood shake shingle roofs or slate shingle roofs. Also works with some metal shingle roofs. Check out our Solar Roofing Best Practices - Shake, Slate, & Metal Shingle Roofs webinar for more info.|