Solar Mounting Solutions
- Aluminum mill (A)
- Bronze anodized (B)
Classic Shake Mount
Item Code: QMLC
Our Classic Shake Mount uses Quick Mount PV's patented QBlock Elevated Water Seal technology to form the easiest, fastest, most universally code-compliant and watertight mount available for solar panel installation on cedar shake roofs. The oversized 18 x 18-inch flashing accommodates the large exposure of shake roofing. ICC certified (ICC-ESR-2835).
For installing solar concurrently with the construction of a new shake roof, use our QBase Shake & Slate Mount.
- Stainless steel hardware (included)
- 20-year warranty; 50-year expected life
- Works with all leading racks
- Won't void roof manufacturer's warranty
- Approved for use by leading roof manufacturers
- Meets or exceeds roofing industry best practices
- 2554 lbs. average ultimate pullout (Douglas fir); 2203 lbs. average ultimate shear
- Available through leading distributors
- ICC-ES certified
- One bolt installation
- No shingle cutting
- 100% IBC compliant
- Patent numbers 7,762,027 & 7,895,808
- Made in USA
Designed to be adaptable, Quick Mount PV's 18 x 18-inch flashing installs on East Coast style shake roofs (7.5-inch exposure over skip sheeting) and West Coast (10-inch exposure over solid sheeting) alike. The shake roof flashing slides quickly into place with no need to modify the shake to force a fit. Just a simple, watertight seal every time.
Quick Mount PV's Classic Shake Mounts are constructed of corrosion resistant material, including .050 aluminum flashing and stainless steel hardware, which last at least three times longer than galvanized parts. Our Classic Shake Mounts bolt to any racking system with an L-foot interface, and integrate directly with Prosolar and Unistrut systems, as well.
PV, Solar Water Heating, and More
The Quick Mount PV Classic Shake Mount is the logical choice not only for solar PV installation, but also for rooftop solar water heating systems. In fact, whatever you need to fasten to a shake roof – HVAC equipment, antennas, satellite dishes – use Quick Mount PV to secure and protect every roof installation you put your name on.
Tools & Accessories
WARNING: Quick Mount PV products are NOT designed for and should NOT be used to anchor fall protection equipment.
The QBlock Elevated Water Seal
Installing the Classic Shake Mount
Parts and Materials
Each mount kit (12 per box) includes:
- Cast aluminum mounting block (2-1/4" L x 1-1/4" W x 1-1/4" H) bonded with .05" thick, 18" x 18" aluminum flashing
- Hanger bolt, 5/16" x 6"(1-1/4" machine, 1-3/4" shank, 3" lag)
- EPDM-bonded stainless steel sealing washer, 3/4" x 5/16"
- Two stainless steel hex nuts, 5/16"
- EPDM sealing washer with 60 Durometer hardness
- Stainless steel flat washer, 1" x 5/16"
|Flashing size||18" x 18"|
|Pullout/shear||2554 lbs. average ultimate pullout (Douglas fir); 2203 lbs. average ultimate shear|
|Tools needed for installation||
|Applicable roof types||Standard wood shake in west coast (10" exposure over solid sheeting) and east coast (7-1/2" exposure over skip sheeting) configurations.|