Solar Mounting Solutions
- Aluminum mill (A)
Tile Replacement Mount
Item Codes: QMTR-BM, QMTR-F3.25, QMTR-W4, QMTR-S3.25
The Tile Replacement Mount provides a fast and easy way to install solar on tile roofs while protecting against water intrusion. Simply remove the tile and replace it with the Tile Replacement Mount. Works with all standard curved and flat tile roofs, and all standard rail-based racking systems. Flashed at both the deck and top levels, the Tile Replacement Mount is fully engineered to meet code requirements and industry best practices. The Tile Replacement Mount features our patented Elevated Water Seal Technology™ for optimal waterproofing. Base mount sold separately from flashing and post.
- Versatile: Works with Flat, S-shaped and W-shaped tiles
- Flexible: Works with all standard rail-based racking systems
- Simple and clean: No time-consuming, messy tile grinding or cutting
- Double flashed: Flashed at both the deck and tile levels for code compliance
- Waterproof: Features patented QBlock® Elevated Water Seal Technology™ Technology™
- Flashings pre-treated and ready for paint, if desired
- Post and flashing sold separately from base mount for cost effective stocking and packaging flexibility
- Creates replacement tiles on the job
- Meets or exceeds tile roofing best practices
- Available through leading distributors
- 100% IBC compliant
- All fasteners and hardware included
- 20-year warranty; 50-year expected life
- Works with all leading racks
- Made in USA
Tools & Accessories
WARNING: Quick Mount PV products are NOT designed for and should NOT be used to anchor fall protection equipment.
Tile Replacement Mount: See How It Works
Installing the Tile Replacement Mount
Waterproofing Technology for Tile Roofs
Introducing the Tile Replacement Mount
New Product Webinar presented by Johan Alfsen on 9/1/16
Tile Roof Waterproofing Methods
All Quick Mount PV tile mounting products are designed to comply with the roofing best practices listed by the Tile Roofing Institute (TRI) for tile penetration flashing (MC-02). The photos below show our QBase Universal Tile Mount. The same waterproofing methods are recommended for all of our tile mounting products. For more info go to www.tileroofing.org or contact .
If permitted by the building inspector, the three-course method may be an option for waterproofing the deck flashing. This process uses a layer of asphalt roof cement (approved by the roof manufacturer), a layer of reinforcing fabric, and another layer of asphalt roof cement to seal the flashing to the felt paper. Click here to download step-by-step instructions to use the three-course method with our tile roof products. (PDF 617K)
Felt Paper Bibbing Method
In retrofit installations where the standoff and primary flashing do not fall in a position that is close to the overlap of felt paper, an approach that is sometimes called "bibbing" can be used. When the overlapping drip edge of the felt paper ends in the tile course above the penetration, a separate piece of felt paper is positioned under the battens and overlapping felt, which then extends down to bib around the penetration and over the deck flashing.
Base Mount box includes 12 of:
- 12" x 7½" flashing and Tile Replacement Base
- EPDM-bonded stainless steel sealing washer, 5/16" x ¾" x 2
- 2 x Climatek coated GRK steel washer head lag screw, 5/16" x 4"
Flashing box includes 12 of:
- W-tile flashing & 4" post, aluminum or
S-tile flashing & 3¼" post, aluminum or
Flat tile flashing & 3¼ post, aluminum
- 1" serrated flange hex-head cap screw
- EPDM-bonded stainless steel sealing washer, 5/16" x 1¼"
- EPDM Counter flashing collar
- 5/16" x 1" fender washer
- 5/16" split-lock washer
- 1" hex-head cap screw
|Flashings Available||Flat, S-Tile, and W-Tile|
|Tools needed for installation||
|Applicable roof types||Flat, S-shaped and W-shaped tiles|